We played games with them and the boys played upstairs.
You know when the room gets really quiet you know something bad is happening to your child? Or they're getting into something they shouldn't?? That did not happen. I could hear them. They were playing so nicely (first sign something was wrong).
I was doing some dishes and Rachel went to check on the boys. Next thing I hear is Rachel screaming "NO!!!!" I asked if everything was alright, which she responded, "no". Aahhh crap. I reach the top of the stairs to find Noah happily playing with a toy, but with a lot less hair on his head. Yep, Jamesy (being 3 years of age) cut his hair. He was about to do himself, but started with Noah first.
I was laughing pretty hard, but also having some sads about it too. Jamesy was the most upset. He ran to his room crying. Jamesy gets his hair cut and gets a cookie afterwards. He thought by butching my son Noah would get a cookie too. Sweet.
When we came home I put Noah to bed and said prayers. It was then that I became aware of what I was most grateful for on Thanksgiving day. A 3-year old boy had a pair of scissors unattended. Noah could have been disfigured, or much, much worse. So, as much as I liked his hair I love him more.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. We hope you had a wonderful day!!

LOL! That is so sad! You picture text didn't do it justice, these photos show the damage. Poor kid. I dare you to go around in your wranglers with Noah in a shopping cart (your stroller).
ReplyDeleteI love the mug shots! We are veterans of the haircutting thing...the nice thing is it always grows back and they always look cute no matter what.
ReplyDeletePoor Noah!! This is so funny and so sad. I am glad he is okay and the only thing that was hurt were is beautiful hair...but at least it will grow back!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness..so sorry and funny!!!! The good thing it's just hair...right?
ReplyDeleteI am dying laughing. I am sure my day is coming...but those pictures are hilarious! I am sorry, but they are.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing left to do is buzz it all off except for a long rat tail in the back. You might not recall but Noah's grandpa Gary had that look for awhile and wow he looked good. You could move to a trailer park until it grows back. I love it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry! Even though at the time it was hysterical!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny! The second picture of Noah on there is just classic! I love the look on his face. He is cute no matter what!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! I think you should let him rock a mullet. That story is classic.
ReplyDeletewe love the mullet. is he going to go short now?
ReplyDeletePure comedy, I tell you. Please, I am begging you, keep his hair like that and take him to Walmart in nothing but a bra and talk to him like he doesn't know love.
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful for Butch.