Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Tree Huntin'








The cool thing about living in the Evergreen State is that you can buy a permit to cut down your own tree for 5 bucks.
That's what we did. We piled up the friends and went into the wilderness to get the perfect "wild" Christmas tree. As apposed to the "tame" ones at lots.
Besides the fact that none of us could feel our extremities within 5 minutes it was fun. Noah just jumped up and down and laughed at himself, while some other children complained about it being 8 degrees out and they wanted to go to the car (maybe I was one of them).
We settled on a little, but fat tree named Billy Bob. What? Yours doesn't have a name? He's a sparse little thing, but he does a good job doing what he does and we love him in our home. Noah loves to say good night to him and wakes up wanting him to "turn on".
All the boys were so cute out in the snow I had to take pictures. So...


This kid I saw

Sammy

Ben or as Noah says, "Benji Ben"

Peyton

Jamesy

Tyler

Sam

9 comments:

  1. Holy cow, awesome pictures! Are you a professional, by chance?!?! Seriously that one of Ben is going in his baby book or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Megan...the pictures are great!!!! Watch out,Professional photography here comes LINDSEY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out you can get a permit here for $5 too!

    You are becoming quite the photographer.

    I really want to see a picture of Noah without the hat...you know, post haircut repair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I miss that little face in person! Isn't is January yet! Be careful w/ Billy Bob around the kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our tree is named Lou. I think Lou and Billy Bob would be great friends given the chance! Those pictures are great- I wish you were closer so we could commission you to take some of Jonah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pics! You have to pass them on! That was fun, cold, but fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me tell you about my tree hunting experience. I went into our backyard shed and kicked 3 dead spiders out of the way to get to our "fake" and "tame" tree. I was so on edge after that I started speaking in tongues. Not fun.

    And, why are you a professional photographer? Stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is that! I loved that you got to go cut your own tree down. I want to see pictures of Billy - I bet he is one handsome tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you know that the most famous and biggest Honky Tonk is called "Billy Bobs" here in Fort Worth?? Plan on spending an evening there with us after you move to KS and come visit TX! :)

    ReplyDelete