Saturday, September 4, 2010

7 years...

The day started off like every other day. Get Noah up, dress him, argue about what to eat for breakfast, watch a show while I shower, etc...
Mac surprised me by coming home early with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I always love the flowers he brings home. Always different.



We got ready for out "night out" and dropped Noah off at the sitters house (right across the street...so nice!). We went to dinner at the outlets, which is HUGE and full of everything. We ate at a really good burger place called Yard House and I ate the burger I had been craving all day, so whatever came after that I was happy.





We ended up buying a few of items at the Nike store. Now, you might be thinking, "Lindsey, I love your shirt in those pictures and why are you buying workout clothes when you're 31 weeks pregnant?" I'll tell you why. Cause I'm pregnant and I do what I want. I also bought some chocolate that I shouldn't eat cause of dairy, but again, I do what hormones demand.
The night ended the best. Not with sex (if that's what you're thinking you're sick) but with a love letter. I might get one of these precious items once every other year, or as many as three in one year, but they are always a surprise and bring me to tears every time.

Mac is infamously known as the "Teflon man" in his family. He's never been comfortable expressing his emotions, or giving warm expressions of love, nor does he ever appear concerned with what others are feeling. Every time he gives me a compliment he sounds bored, or mocking a bit. It was the way he was raised. He feels so awkward to express anything other than sarcasm, so when he writes (and that man can write) it's getting an insight to what goes on in him that is NEVER shown or heard. With his permission I would like to share a short bit of what he wrote to me-
"We have had some wonderful times and adventures together. We have had ups, and downs, and everything that falls between. You reminded me of this when you asked me to look at the pictures you had planned for Costco...lots of good memories. Most of what makes them great is sharing the experience with you.
..."I sure love watching you talk to our unborn son, and see the way you light up when he moves around. What a supreme blessing we have received. Remember where we were at one year ago."
You might not think it's much, but Mac still has the ability to make me cry. Love you, Mach.

5 comments:

  1. How sweet and beautiful tribute he wrote to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about ppl. born on Oct. 17th makes them incredabely awesome and sensative. We just can't help it. ;) I'm so glad you got a love letter- Hurray! You look so great in the pictures and I'm glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mac, I am going to need you to write me a letter. Lin, I am going to need you to stop looking so ugly.

    Where has 7 years gone?? I swear we were just driving in my car while the Lion King soundtrack was making me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary you two love birds! Mac, I'm seriously impressed! I agree with Jules about you Linds, b/c if not I may just barf right on your face.

    Loves to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm a little late - but happy anniversary! linds, you look stunning. really, so beautiful! you guys are a great couple - hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete