Monday, October 4, 2010

Nauvoo, IL to Madison, WI

Mac got a vacation so we piled in the car to go see Mac's sister Christie. We drove through Nauvoo so I could do some temple work. The temple was beautiful. I didn't realize how TINY the town was (1100 people!!).

When we drove in to Madison it was pretty dark, but you could still see the lakes on either side of the road as you drove into the city. It was stunning.

We went on walks around the lakes. Christie has a dog named Maybelle and Noah went crazy for her!! He HAD to walk her, lay by her, feed her, etc... as much as possible. You could tell she was ready for him to leave...haha.

We went out with some good friends- the Faulkner's and Noah and their little girl, Amelia got to feed the ducks. They had a blast doing it. And yes, we fed them right by the "Do Not Feed Ducks" sign.

We went to the children's museum and painted, climbed (well, Noah and Mac did) and ran around.

The very last night we went out to dinner and on the way back to the car who did we see?? Oh, just THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNTIED STATES. It was pretty cool to see him waving and all of the cars that surround him at all times. Don't judge the horrible picture.

Anyway, great trip!
We loved every minute we got to spend with Chris and will miss her very much!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time! I love Noah's shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the POTUS all the time, it's not that big of a deal--NOT. JEALOUS! Why do you always see all the cool stuff? Hey, when is that baby of yours jumping out? Any day now ... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that Mac got a vacation, and...THEPRESIDENTOFTHEUNITEDSTATES....how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh guurl, you did not see the PRES-I-DENT!!! My favorite thing about that is that you said "UNTIED States". Yeah, I guess maybe we could work on more of a bond between states. That is pretty much the exact opposite of united.

    And Noah? Isn't he due for a good licking? Love him. And you too. Can't believe you are due in May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pic you got of them lakeside is so darling! What sweet shoes are Noah rockin'?! So Maybelle, huh?! That's funny. Get that boy a dog already. He looks like the type of kid that should have one ya know. :) So glad you guys had a vaca before baby!

    And... you know how I feel about you coming contact with Mr. Obama. You should have told him your best friend is black!

    ReplyDelete