
Funny story birthing this little man, so please allow me to tell it.
Went to the doc on Wednesday and scheduled to be induced on Friday. She said I hadn't progressed from being a 1 and 50% effaced in 4 weeks. GREAT!
I called her that night to cancel the induction because I was nervous and didn't want to push my body into doing something it wasn't ready to do.
The next morning my water broke. Well, guess we were ready but the odd thing was that I hadn't had a single contraction. Since I was 10 weeks pregnant I had contractions on a regular basis.
So I showered called Mac (he didn't answer for another 2 hours) packed, called some people, etc... Then we went in at 12:00 to the hospital and at 2:00 I still hadn't gone into labor so they started me on petocin. I had the epidural at 5:00, which was nice especially when I got a weird tingling feeling in my butt and exclaimed, "my butt feels REALLY WEIRD!!!" and she thought he might be decending, but as soon as she came over to check me I farted. I thought it was hilarious. Every time after I would shout "TINGLING BUTT SENSATION COMING ON, CLEAR OUT!!". But by 7:00 the epidural had worn off in one spot. I just cried until Mac made me call the nurse in (shhhhh, I was in labor and can't really make decisions in that state) she checked me and I was not progressing past a 5 and 80% effaced. I knew what that meant. I was stuck and if I didn't DO something I was getting sectioned.
9:00 the doc came in and gave me a different numbing med. I was so relieved that I almost went to sleep right then. Nurse checked, same. So at 9:30 the doc came in to tell me they were going to monitor the contractions with a gadget that goes up there and if they weren't strong enough they'd give me more petocin and if that didn't work...So when she checked me to put the monitor up there she said, "I don't feel any cervix. He's really low. Let's get her ready for delievery!!".
Lindsey heard- "Skljfdi cervix adfiol. Pdfad jfkjsi. Kljsdf kdsjf ieurwnrb. Bdfba low. Kio78438gbeur!!!!" I honestly just sat and stared at her. The nurse that was there said to the doc, "I don't think she heard you." I don't know why. Maybe my eyes got that glazed look that they get my I try to process information. I just looked at Mac, doc, nurse and then back to Mac again.
Anyway, went from a 5 to a 10 in 30 minutes and 3 pushes later he was born. Our little Will Squill (it's a book I read to Noah about a boy named Will and a squirrel that were friends) was 6 lbs 15 .0z and 20 inches. Welcome to our home little man!! We love you!
PS. Like the blanket I made him?
I called her that night to cancel the induction because I was nervous and didn't want to push my body into doing something it wasn't ready to do.
The next morning my water broke. Well, guess we were ready but the odd thing was that I hadn't had a single contraction. Since I was 10 weeks pregnant I had contractions on a regular basis.
So I showered called Mac (he didn't answer for another 2 hours) packed, called some people, etc... Then we went in at 12:00 to the hospital and at 2:00 I still hadn't gone into labor so they started me on petocin. I had the epidural at 5:00, which was nice especially when I got a weird tingling feeling in my butt and exclaimed, "my butt feels REALLY WEIRD!!!" and she thought he might be decending, but as soon as she came over to check me I farted. I thought it was hilarious. Every time after I would shout "TINGLING BUTT SENSATION COMING ON, CLEAR OUT!!". But by 7:00 the epidural had worn off in one spot. I just cried until Mac made me call the nurse in (shhhhh, I was in labor and can't really make decisions in that state) she checked me and I was not progressing past a 5 and 80% effaced. I knew what that meant. I was stuck and if I didn't DO something I was getting sectioned.
9:00 the doc came in and gave me a different numbing med. I was so relieved that I almost went to sleep right then. Nurse checked, same. So at 9:30 the doc came in to tell me they were going to monitor the contractions with a gadget that goes up there and if they weren't strong enough they'd give me more petocin and if that didn't work...So when she checked me to put the monitor up there she said, "I don't feel any cervix. He's really low. Let's get her ready for delievery!!".
Lindsey heard- "Skljfdi cervix adfiol. Pdfad jfkjsi. Kljsdf kdsjf ieurwnrb. Bdfba low. Kio78438gbeur!!!!" I honestly just sat and stared at her. The nurse that was there said to the doc, "I don't think she heard you." I don't know why. Maybe my eyes got that glazed look that they get my I try to process information. I just looked at Mac, doc, nurse and then back to Mac again.
Anyway, went from a 5 to a 10 in 30 minutes and 3 pushes later he was born. Our little Will Squill (it's a book I read to Noah about a boy named Will and a squirrel that were friends) was 6 lbs 15 .0z and 20 inches. Welcome to our home little man!! We love you!
PS. Like the blanket I made him?

Congrats Lindsey...he's beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteI love him already. And when did you have time for a newborn photo shoot? Yes, I love the blankie. Now put down the computer, AND THE BROOM, and get some rest! Love you!
ReplyDeleteHoly Crap - you made that blanket!?! Nice! Thanks, now I can't make you anything because it will look like crap in comparison. Oh well, too bad sucker, you'll just be stuck with it. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS! He is so cute and I love his name and I'm so glad the delivery went well!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! So happy for you guys. He's darling...can't wait to see more pics!
ReplyDeleteHe is beautiful. His name is beautiful. You are beautiful. The blanket is atrocious.
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU.
Congratulations! Little Will is as precious as can be. I desperately hope my second delivery is as smooth as yours (3 pushes, hello! One can only dream ...) Keep me posted about life with a toddler AND newborn. XOXO
ReplyDeleteOh Linds, he is perfect! You are turning into quite the domestic goddess your blanket is so cute! Hope you are all doing well... i need more pictures he is too precious!! Love ya!
ReplyDelete"I feel a tingle coming on". This will be the new warning around my house. Love it. And in your moment of silence when they told you you were ready, I am sure you had a full on conversation in your head. You probably delivered him in the time it took you to finally speak again. So fun. Hope you are doing well!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That is awesome! I hope the adjustment goes smoothly for all of you.
ReplyDeleteOh I love you so much! You make beautiful babies and very nice blankets. I can't wait to hug you both. BTW I should probably get your address...or I could just wander around KC yelling our name at the top of my lungs:)
ReplyDeleteLittle Will looks so cute and sleepy! Congratulations on having a new man in the family. Love the blanket, too. You should post more pics of it and Will. I need a better look at both.
ReplyDeleteI love your story! I've already told a few others b/c I think it is just so fitting for this little guy. I cannot wait, cannot wait to me him in just a few short months! He is such a babe... job well done friends!
ReplyDeleteWe love you all!!
p.s. If there isn't a welcoming (BLANKET) gift for me at your house... I'm leaving so get to work. :)
Congratulations to you and your little fam! He is so dang cute. Welcome little dude.
ReplyDeleteTake good care of yourself!
O geez. o course you have jared and I rolling on the floor laughing. William is such a little love. Can't wait to see more pictures of him. Take care new mamma!
ReplyDelete