Sunday, September 20, 2009

ROAD TRIP!!


Monday morning we set off for Seattle, Washington. It's about a 4.5 hour drive, so it wasn't too bad.
We stayed downtown and walked every where. We went to THE Nordstrom and I may have burst into hysterics when I saw they had their own valet parking...and some women coming out of private elevators and into their private cars. WHAT? Some people.
The shopping was a-mazing. We bought new wallets. Man, did I feel more sophisticated being there!! Or until I caught a glimpse of myself in a window reflection and thought, "is that a man or woman?" Which is another thing! Those transgenders can almost fool a woman! I thought this woman had the cutest dress on until she got close and then I thought, "whoa, what designer can make a man look good in a dress!!??".
We went to Pike's Market and saw some men toss fish around. Way cool! I took my picture with one of the working gentlemen. I was trying to get a pose that said something like, "hey man, remember that time when we were best friends?" It ended up looking like I was laughing at his job or something. Great.
We took Noah to the aquarium and he went nuts! Nemo! Dory! Marlin! Sharks! (aka Seals) Sharks! (aka Sea Otters) Sharks! (aka Star Fish). Not really star fish, but anything big was a shark and he'd yell it at the top of his lungs.
Then next day we went to the zoo, which was really cool, but it's a trick. You think it's an "OK" size until you get in there and 4 hours later you have no idea where you are and apparently you've seen the lions and wolves...and don't remember it, but you're tired and sick of hearing Noah say, "Nemo!". I got some pictures of some of the animals, so if you have kids they might enjoy seeing them.
Then we went to visit our friends that moved there for their residency, which we didn't get any pictures of, but I SWEAR we have friends there.
After a few days of fun we went home with lighter wallets and good memories.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Road Trip!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad for your blog so I can see you guys sometimes. Seattle is one of my all-time favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN..FUN..FUN..

    Memories forever. You should make Noah a zoo book with the correct names of the animals or fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Seattle! If you're still in Spokane next year maybe we could meet up and hang out. That would be a real party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly enjoy my time in Seattle when we were there last week and glad to see you all had a BLAST too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Seattle more than most things in this world. We were there last year at this time. Too bad we missed you.

    And if you wake up tomorrow and Noah isn't anywhere to be found, I did NOT steal him. It was a shark that took him. Mmmmkay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pics and your commentary too! Where is the shop with my name on it though... idiots!

    I want to go there! By the look of that fabulous wallet I could really get into trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun! i have always wanted to go there.

    ReplyDelete