Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cherry Trot

I am not a fast runner by any stretch of the imagination, but I do love it and after 8 years of doing it I've become a bit picky about my running conditions. First off, I like to run in the mornings before I eat and after I poo. Second, weather conditions have to be no cooler than about 45 degrees and no warmer than about 70 degrees (hey, I said I was picky!!). I like to run in the snow (if you haven't TRY IT!! It's the warmest and most mild time to run) and rain, but wind and heat...no. No. NEVER.
In Spokane there are festivals for every fruit that comes into season. They have music and make fresh ice cream, smoothies, pies etc... Well, we had a "Cherry Pit n' Spit Trot" that we did with some friends. It was only 4 miles so I really didn't care what time it started...in the morning...WRONG. A day before the race I find out it's at 7:00 PM. I whined until we got to the farms and looked at the temp...90 degrees. NOOOOOO! I'm pretty sure Mac was happy to run away from my insistent complaints. By the time I got to the start line I looked like had just completed a marathon. I was beet red and head to toe wet. Not to mention I was scowling at all the little kids doing the race...and some of the little toddlers doing the train ride...I may have even flipped my own son off in my moment of discomfort. Anyway, I finished and it took my about 6 hours to get my skin color back to normal. All in all it was fun. I wouldn't do it again, but I'm glad I did it...sort of...

6 comments:

  1. I agree, it was GROSS!!! I definitely enjoy running early in the morning and that day was HORRID!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you look like a cherry, perfect for the festival. Har, har. You are my running idol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatevs!! You did so good! I was eating your dust the whole race. Flipping off poor Noah was probably a tad unnecessary... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously... I am so impressed! You couldn't get me to walk yet alone run in that heat!! And the days of going poo before running... I miss those days now that I go so early.

    p.s. two peas in a bucket dot com is the website!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lindsey! I saw a link to your blog from Megan's. I agree that race was way too fetchin' hot. But fun. We have a private blog cuz we kept getting way strange comments in Portuguese, but if you'd like an invite, send me your e-mail: lacetheace@hotmail.com. Hope rotations are treatin' you guys well! (Night float is killer for us.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pretty picky about my runs as well. I will only run at night here. I refuse to go any time before the sun goes down!

    ReplyDelete